http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html Half Past Seven.: We miss the Best, and I miss Shadow.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

We miss the Best, and I miss Shadow.





The Best has gone.

George Best has gone today. He's the most gifted footballer from the United Kingdom (pity he's not an English but a Northern Irish, or else I do think he got the World Cup medal already), that I know when I am very young. Dont get me wrong, I haven't born when he was a footballer.

Best is the dribbling genius, the wing wizard, the wide boy, from footballing terms. I love Chris Waddle and Ryan Giggs, coz they are all this kind of footballer. And I am never a dribbler in ground, so I specially like to watch and enjoy this kinds of players. My regret is, I born too late to really watch Best's best moments, I can just watched the past DVD to see how good he is.

He has a good enjoyable and memorable short life. His skill is so good that born to be a star, he's handsome, he's rich, and he has been wif so many gals and women u won't count all, he drank a whole lot till every part of his body totally broken down. He is, simply a legend. And he's the number 7 from of Manchester United in the 60's. I love Ryan Giggs much, but Giggs is just a half clone from George Best. If u know football, u know what i mean.

I am in company's canteen when I got known he's dead. I am holding my sandwish and stand still in front of the TV wif E. I am sad inside, Best weights less than 90 pounds at the end. I dont understand why such a legend died at only 59-yrs-old. Maybe God envy him.

I miss u, Best. I have checked yr news everyday in Soccernet when u r in hospital these weeks, coz I want to read that u recover again but good news never come out. U ended the golden period of 60's and 70's football.

May peace be with u. Your name says it all.

-------

And I steal many songs from Ho's iPod tonite. I am listening to DJ Shadow now. And I think of my Touch's days.

Our team was strong, very strong in that days, much stronger than any magazine nowadays: Mandy the-editor-now-Detective-wife always set us free, Detective the crazy fun and chaos maker, Joel the mod guy (but he's fat now), B the gadget expert, Johnny the older round one, and me.

Even we band together so well just like bros, but our music tastes differ a whole lot: there are no MP3 in those days u must know, we just got a CD player, which is a gift from some company for reader but we keep it in office. Detective always play Ben Folds Five, Joel is hardcore for Oasis, B ok he dont listen to music, Johnny dreams he's the Metallica's drummer, and at that time, I am into DJ Shadow.

So when I listen back Lonely Soul from Psyence Fiction and Guns Blazing live from Shadow tonite, those days come back totally: the day we stay at kowloon bay overnite only to wait for enemy Easyfinder available at Wednesday morning, the day we steal food coupons from boss's drawer, the days we smoke all boss' cigarettes secretly but buy him back the wrong brand, the day we overnites everyday and wake at 3pm but go back office only for tea eating...

-------

Those were the days that I never regret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home