http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html Half Past Seven.: AA.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

AA.





Yes, I am 30mething now. And I remember how the minimal cult of us 30's built up, which stems the root at the 80's.

80's is the period of bad taste. Loudness, big logos, color of gold, big padded shoulder, all makes me sick (of coz, if someone is flirting with bad taste, like Jeremy Scott the icon man of that, it's another story coz it contains creativity inside). But for me, never. Just like the new term "bling bling", is nothing but bad taste.

So when we are young as students, we are so excited: when Muji finally come HK, hillside A.P.C. small shops, all those Go-Stanley-GapChino&PocketT-Hunting-Saturday-trip, RRL shop opened in TST, Joyce warehouse wandering for Helmut Lang off seasons stuffs, asking friends to buy Carhartt Europe when they go London, go Tokyo buy the best jeans of 45RPM silently, Urban Outfitter being the only must visit shop when I go US (and the hk copy-cat version Issue.com still do some goodness for the mass, if I have to conclude), water shops' introduction of Silas and One True Saxon collections, Tom of Tom (it's the famous hk stylist Tomas Chan's own clothing shop! Mr.Stephen Chow is a fan, and Max of Dusty being salesman there b4!) shop opened in Style House (with a big egg and a grass ground as window display, which still infulencing Jan Lamb), Shopaholic shop opened in Yui Wah street (don't tell me u don't know this nice shop, which closed in pity yrs already, a shop we should support till we die), Duffer Of St George and 6876 (still) being low-key must have, MM hits I.T, and the final coming of Kitsune at Dmop (trust me, top quality fabric as well as top class subtle graphix).

Because of 80's ugliness, we want to go the other way: as subtle as we can. Fashion is nothing for us, we just need clothings, fine quality daily clothings, to state precisely.

And AA that haunted me for over 3 years, finally can be ordered by web. AA for me, is a funny sexy yet more colourful version of affordable Helmet Lang (look at the vest and bags and wind jackets then u will know what I mean).

Yes, for daily use of clothes, I just need them to be plain.

www.americanapparel.net

3 Comments:

At Sunday, October 08, 2006 2:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://lzldzuis.com/mdfa/hnue.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://uzloizan.com/whpf/kjts.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At Sunday, October 08, 2006 2:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At Sunday, October 08, 2006 2:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://lzldzuis.com/mdfa/hnue.html | http://jsdeecsi.com/kefx/ktru.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home