http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html Half Past Seven.: Munch.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Munch.


Yes, I love graphic design and I know graphic design. I just love graphic guru of my generation, Mike Mills, Geoff McFetridge, Michael Leon, to name a few. Don't get me wrong. Graphic design is the modern and effective way to communicate with watchers, when word is already an old fashioned outdated way for so many impatient people.

But my visual appreciation is trained up at the university, in those art history lessons.

The professor is a good and well-known one, of whom I regard is the best one inside my trashy school. But I still skip many lessons in those days. U already known, I love girls much much more than lessons, from long long time ago.

And I remember at the end of a lesson I haven't skip, the professor told me he would talk about the miserable Edward Munch next lesson.

I haven't joined that another lesson finally. But I remember the name Edward Munch, coz the pronounication is so difficult. And I went into library and bookstore, to read about him and watch his works.

I must admit I love everything from scandinavia, the wooden furniture, the toy design, even the fonts came from there. If my seaman father is not that nevious when he's young, I was already grown up at denmark, I told u this before.

I love Edward Munch's works. He's a Norwegian. He is a psycho. He is sad during his whole life. He is sad from he's a little boy till his death. He draw to express his sadness and anxiety to the world.

The work "Scream" is so very popular now, to some extent I am afraid to tell others I just love it. But when I first saw it in Munch's picture book, I am really impressed.

A man standing at a bridge somewhere, with some people also on the bridge, he's just scream out loud coz he can't stand something anymore. But not even one notice him.

At the end of the day, sadness came from this fact: u r the only person screaming loud, but no one care and know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home