http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html Half Past Seven.: What r u doing Before Sunset?

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

What r u doing Before Sunset?

Before Sunrise is a film over 10 years (1995) ago already. Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy, both my fav actor and actress, starred in it. I remember clearly this film didn't show in HK's cinema (and i remember just film festival some years later showed it, for just 1 or 2 times). But it's Richard Linklater's work, that I have bought the DVD once it's available from amazon in those old year.

It's not a good film actually, pretend to be romantic, pretend to be artisic, but it's just a youth love-affair melodrama.

Before Sunset is totally not in the same class. After 10 yrs, Richard Linklater is grown now, is old now, knows how the world move clearly now. And he shoots a modern time classic love film this time, in 2004.

I have no intention to discuss about how good Ethan and Julie act, how good Kim Krizan co-write the script, how good the camera works, and how good the music scores.

I just wanna highlight that, after only 80 mins (i forget how long this film exactly, but I remember well, it's a short film), the ending of the film just so perfect: subtle, gentle, laid-back, and u will remember lifelong coz everyone experience that moment.

My words can't describe well i am sorry. So pls take a look at the following clips (in sequel pls).

And this is the only film I watched alone in a proper cinema, after she left me. And it's a 2004 film already.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home